Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dinner

So, we went back to the restaurant for dinner tonight, and were blown away again.  the owner works the room and the place is full from the time we arrive (8:15) till the time we leave, 9:30.  the food is better than lunch.  I have cinghalie (wild boar) with pasta.  when we ask where he gets it, he says, "I have some crazy friends who live in the hills.  When they get one they calll me and tell me they have "something" for me."  He tells us also that he only buys local.  One kilometer he says.  His hams are from pigs only raised in the area "not from belgium or germany---those are skinny and have no flavor."  Donna has a prok shoulder that has been cooked till it melts, we share a salad, and an appetizer of gnochi, a bottle of wine, coffees and desert, and the total is 63 euros.  Amazing.  The best we've had since we've been here and a reccomendation to any one coming near here.

1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up on your adventures. Fabulous! Made my mouth water and my heart yearn for an adventure. Checking out Donna;s pix next!
    LoveT

    ReplyDelete